Our client is one of the fastest growing generic pharmaceutical companies in the world. A clear and ambitious growth strategy had been defined and included a number of prioritized strategic pillars and several focus areas.
The key business drivers were: Growth, regionalization and cost focus.
A new People Strategy was needed to provide a direction for HR to support further business success.
- Operating Model
- Business drivers and focus on regionalization required changes to the operating model.
- People & Culture
- Gaps and priorities varying across the geographic regions and functions made it difficult to develop global solutions.
- Difficult to attract, retain and develop key people.
- Translate company culture into behavior
- Employee experience & Digitilization
- Enhance the employee experience as well as manage integration of technology
- Current platform for delivering online learning not sufficiently used. The direct link to business priorities not clear.
- Academy is based on self-directed learning. A need to implement an integrated learning approach applying the 70/20/10 principles
One of the key steps in this assignment was to make an assessment of the People Life Cycle. This was done by involving key stakeholders to understand the current state and setting targets.
- Alignment between the overall business strategy and the PeopleStrategy–ensuring focus and allocation of resources to the right things.
- Common understanding of priorities across the organization.
- Roadmap for execution.